Monday, January 19, 2015

Baby Closet Dividers

Happy New Year!

The past several months have been very busy for us -- we finally found and closed on our new home after 7! months of searching, we've been working to make the home ours and we found out we were expecting a little boy in May! The home projects have shifted to be focused on Baby Boy and I recently finished my first project for him - baby closet dividers. I found these closet dividers on Etsy and really liked them, but wanted to make them my own (and for a little cheaper). The project took about $10 for me to make with using coupons and taking advantage of a scrapbook paper sale.

I bought plain closet dividers from the Container Store, which can be found here, scrapbook paper and number stickers from Michael's and used a compass (and my husband's patience) to create the pattern from which I made all the pieces to be adhered to the dividers.


All of my materials to make the closet dividers!


For this initial project, I used 7 dividers: Newborn, 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 9-12 months, 12-18 months and 18-24 months. I have plenty of paper leftover so I plan to make dividers for larger size clothing as he gets a bit older, but I though this range was a good start for now.

Once I had all the paper cut out, I used Mod Podge to adhere it to the dividers double-sided.


After the glue dried, I added on the stickers to indicate the sizes, and since the stickers weren't sticking very well, I went ahead and Mod Podge'd the stickers on to make sure they'd stay.


Overall, this was a pretty easy project and will allow us to have a nice organized nursery once we start putting everything into the room.

The final product!

Coming soon - cupcake onesie gift box!

No comments:

Post a Comment